Friday, May 29, 2009

A Bit of Fun and the Best is Yet to Come




Yesterday we had a bit of fun in the lovely town of McMinnville.  Jim had an interview there and to celebrate Jim's courage and pluck we checked out the town.  A darling place for ice cream for Jim and a lemonade for me called Serendipity.  It looked like a turn of the century sweet shop or ice cream parlor, even the rest rooms.  

The Farmer's Market was in full force, hot as summer day with fresh McMinnville strawberries and many artisans.  Soon there will be fruit and veggies galore, but yesterday mostly the things that spring up early: lettuce, strawberries, goat cheese, honey, wine, flowers, and plant starts. McMinnville is the heart of the Oregon wine country.

For those of you from out of state I'll post a couple of photos of McMinnville.  You really ought to come to Oregon someday.  I'd love to show you around.

Whether or not Jim gets the job in this town, it lifted out spirits to be there on a Spring day that felt so much like summer.  People and children milled around licking ice cream cones and smiling in the sunshine.  The new leaves glistened like green glass and flowers blooming everywhere.  The hills are freshly green and the vineyards lovely and hopeful.  

I keep on believing that we will make it through these days stronger and happier.  How do I know?  Well I switched on the radio when we got into the car on the way to the interview and Natalie Cole was singing, "The Best is Yet to Come."

We let go of the past and trust the future.

1 comment:

  1. You make me really miss Portland, Claire. I need to come and visit you guys!

    Fabulous blog, by the way. :-)

    <3, J

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love you it when you comment! Thanks!